Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Back from Hilton Head


I am back from the Karin Jurick workshop in Hilton Head, S.C, but my feet have not quite touched the ground.
It was truly an inspiring and exciting experience, and I met a fine bunch of creative people in my class. There were 17 of us all together.
Karin did demos, gave us lots of sage advice and critiqued our work. We worked from photos that we took ourselves.
The painting posted here was the exception - Karin supplied a photo to us all on the first day, and this is the result. All were so different, even though we were painting the same subject.

I think every experience such as this will change how I paint. That is the nature of growth. I will take away a bunch of things that I learned and incorporate them into the artist that I already am.
I used a totally different palette of exciting colours, and I will continue to work with them, and different brushes and supports. The journey continues...

Pink Lady
8x10 Oil on gessoboard

Not for sale

4 comments:

GoLightly said...

Absolutely beautiful, Catherine.

I love what you did to the water.

Edward Burton said...

This is fantastic, Catherine. How fortunate to have a workshop with Karin!

Susan Roux said...

This is beautiful. I love the colors and how you used them. I think adopting some of them to the artist you already are is a good addition. Don't you just love the stimulation a workshop can give? Have fun.

Solomon said...

Quite effective material, thank you for the article.
here