Thursday, December 17, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I thought that I would do piles of paintings while recovering from my fracture. No where near! Recovery meant no weight on the leg for 6 weeks, so I was on crutches. The first few weeks, I only wanted to sleep, and getting around on crutches takes an enormous amount of energy. It takes about 8 times as long to do the simplest of things - make breakfast, get dressed etc. Impossible to carry anything like a cup of coffee while on crutches!

But with the help of many wonderful people picking up the reins and helping me out, I am pretty functional again. It's 8 weeks today, and I am going to start dog walking again next week (Yikes!!). I will have some help, and will be wearing my icers. I did a trial run last weekend, and it was not too bad, and my dog Jade was overjoyed to be romping in the park again.

I did a couple of commissioned paintings, however. Here is the cat, Luna.

9x12" Oil on canvas

4 comments:

GoLightly said...

Awww, cute Luna.

She's lovely.

Glad you're finally off stall rest.

Autumn Leaves said...

I've been checking in daily so am so glad to see you 'on your feet' again, so to speak. I am dismayed that you've been dealing with undoubted pain for so long! Do take it easy getting back into the swing of things. Love the painting of Luna, and her regal pose on the orange throw. She is gorgeous!

Candy said...

I love the painting of Luna.

Sorry to hear of your accident. I'm glad that you're ready to go back out walking the dogs.

Pattie Wall said...

Oh my Catherine. I have just checked into your blog...because I loved what you and your portrait partner did of one another...you have experienced a nightmare for dog walkers - especially on ice, now. Makes me think about it - I live on muddy farm roads..with ice. I hope you are mended and know that I know those things happen with dogs. Love your work!